Monday, July 13, 2015

Maryland Horse Trials I at Loch Moy

We had horses competing on both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend at Maryland Horse Trials I at Loch Moy where all of my students rode extremely well!

On Saturday Julie Henk with Merry Sioux and Jess McCabe with Ferdinand competed in the Preliminary for both of their first outings since their Virginia CIC2* and CCI1* debuts.  Both pairs laid down lovely dressage tests and added only cross country time to their scores for a great start towards their Fall season. 

Owner and Supporter Jill Tallman and Bold Tiger
I rode my young OTTB Bold Tiger in his final Novice start where he was very professional, finishing on his dressage score of 32.8 for seventh place.  I am excited for him to tackle Training level with the same air off confidence next time out!  He's pictured here at the farm with owner/partner/supporter Jill Tallman, who came down for a surprise visit over my birthday.  

After an unfortunate meeting of horse teeth with skull this week, my working student Jenn Catalano was not able to compete this weekend.  I took the ride on her mare Validation in the Novice for a successful completion, and hopefully the stars will soon align for Jenn and Koffee so they can run a whole event together!

Jess McCabe also rode Cassidy Heitzenrater's mare Go Devil Go in the Novice to add just a few time faults to her dressage score.

On Sunday we returned with the Training level horses.  Gabbie Ciccone and her own Some Kind of Wonderful were our first pair to show and finished on their dressage score of 32.5. Zehra Gundogan and Captivate finished on their dressage score of 31.6 with a very speedy cross country round for seventh place……...Go Cappy Appy!  Annelise Aurillo and Rasher (pictured here) started their day off with a consistent dressage test and added only cross country time to their score. 

Annelise and Rasher

All of my students used the event to apply everything we have been working on at home and to keep building their horses' confidence, and I'm very proud of them all. We will be back next weekend for the second Maryland HT where a few pairs will be moving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment