Friday, October 11, 2013

RRTP/Middleburg Recap


Rasher and I at Pimlico (Thanks Tori for the picture) 

It is a period of transition for Lilybridge Eventing: the leaves are falling, the cool air is coming in, and I am in the process of changing facilities. Since Plantation, my students have had  successful runs at Middleburg Horse Trials and I had a great showing at the Retired Racehorse Training Project at Pimlico.

Lilybridge had a hectic day at Middleburg Horse Trials with my two rides on Gideon and Sweet Rebellion; Julie Henk's ride on Merry Sioux; and a training showdown between Tori Kager, Melissa Carson, and Kaelen Speck.  Julie had a slip-up and got technically eliminated, but I am sure that they will have a great outing at their next show. I was pleased with both Gideon and Sweet Rebellion in the training. Sweet Rebellion finished in seventh on her dressage score of 34.10. I have been thrilled with the progress she has made throughout the season. She is a very careful jumper full of try. I am excited to guide Kaelen as she begins to build a partnership with Sweet Rebellion. I look forward to seeing them compete next year! Gideon was also successful, scoring a 43.60 on the flat and jumping double clear in both show jumping and cross-country to finish in 9th. Meanwhile three of my students went head to head in the junior training, and all three had successful outings. Melissa and her mate Bo Brown came out on top finishing on their dressage score of 34.50. Kaelen and her old friend Regal Dancer finished half a point behind Melissa in fifth after jumping going double clear in both show jumping and cross-country. Tori and her Avi finished in Eighth, only a few points behind Melissa and Kaelen, after dropping a rail in show jumping and jumping  clear on cross country. Congrats on the clear cross-countries!

As soon as we unpacked from Middleburg, it was time to prepare for the Retired Racehorse Training Program's symposium at Pimlico. I am thrilled that I was invited to participate in this project. I have worked with Rasher throughout the summer. He was very well behaved; he managed to stay pretty focused even though there were large crowds. He is a very scopey jumper and got to show off his talent in the demonstration. He really impressed people when he leaped over a cross-country table from a trot. I hope Rasher finds a great rider to bring him along!

Next up for me is Fair Hill next weekend and moving in to my new farm. Hopefully I will see many of you cheering me on at Fair Hill. Thanks for checking in on me and my precious cargo of students and horses!



No comments:

Post a Comment