Thursday, April 26, 2012



Greetings from Kentucky!  We have just wrapped the first day of dressage and it proved exciting for many, myself included. The first half of the 58 competitors rode the dressage today, and the remaining half will compete tomorrow.  

Bucky warmed up very well with Silva prior to entering the stadium and we had a great start to his test during his trot work.  Understandably, he was more keyed up than normal, but we staying somewhat relaxed despite the atmosphere.  Unfortunately as we approached our canter work, he took in the scenery of the Rolex arena and suddenly became very nervous.  The second half of our test was extremely tense and nervous as it became clear that Bucky and I were very green to the crowds and atmosphere in the Rolex stadium.  We finished the day with a score of 65 to carry into the cross country.  

Although I had much higher expectations for today, I was pleased with many parts of my test.  We are both not only green at the 4* level but also inexperienced with the intimidating atmosphere. I am confident the next time out will be much improved!  

Photo Credits Lisa Thomas

Now on to the fun stuff!  I had to opportunity to take all our Team on a course walk this afternoon, and the track looks great!  There are many questions on the course that we have not seen before, but all of the combinations look rideable if executed properly.  The ground is perfect and the weather should hold out well through the weekend.  I'm excited to get out there and do what we do best on Saturday!

I would like to say a special thanks to my parents and the MANY Team Lily supporters who traveled to cheer me on today and to join me in this experience.  

I would like to say a special thanks to my parents and the MANY Team Lily supporters that were there to cheer me on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment